The employer is a provider of Community Services.
- Requires a person of maturity and good judgment, who can operate with a minimum of guidance from the District Vice President or COO
- Requires ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment, to assess facts and issues, and make non-routine decisions regarding day-to-day operational problems and issues.
- Requires effective team-building and team-leadership skills
- Must maintain cooperative, functional relationships with senior leadership team, peers, and subordinates.
- Must maintain positive, energetic attitude toward work, goals, and values
- Physically able to successfully complete required job functions, including use of hands, arms, fingers, able to talk and hear, use a computer, sit and stand, regularly move/lift up to 50 pounds,
- Enters all environments (office spaces, indoor and outdoor maintenance/mechanical areas, fitness areas, pool and pool space, camping areas, unimproved outdoor locations and other program areas)
- Must have ability to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, and to travel as needed for operational management, including on-site presence in managing major operational problems
- Must have superior oral and written communication skills and the ability to respond to a wide variety of constituencies, including staff, volunteers, members, program participants, vendors, community leaders, etc.
- Performs the duties of direct reports as needed
- Strong business operations background with a proven track record for producing growth and strong financial management
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Business Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- Ten or more years of successful management experience, preferably or other nonprofit agency in the health & wellness, business or related field
- Must have previous successful experience working with diverse populations
- Supervision of full and part time employees and accountability of annual budget exceeding $1 million
- Ability to lead assigned operations including staff development and supervision, development and monitoring of budgets, membership and program development, financial development, marketing and public relations, board and volunteer development
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- Organizational Leader or Multi-Team Leader certification preferred
Associated topics: ceo, corporate development, executive vice president, front office, general management, general manager, manager ii, manager iv, regional director, regional manager