Loading some great jobs for you...
1) Educate long-term care facility staff through in-service training classes.
2) Provide consultation to LTC facilities and families within the community with managing consumers mental health problems within a nursing framework.
3) Provide education and consultation so LTC staff and families within the community understand and can implement physicians orders correctly, as they are related to the consumers mental health diagnosis, and any other mental health treatment recommendations.
4) Educate LTC facilities and families within the community how to coordinate care with psychiatrists, specifically, regarding medication issues.
5) Assist the Local Management Entity (LME) hospital liaison and state hospital staff in planning for the community re-integration of individuals being discharged from the state psychiatric hospitals.
6) Provide case consultations as requested by LTC facility staff.
7) Network with LTC facilities in the GAST catchment area as well as with community agencies (DSS & Ombudsman) and other relevant community stakeholders.
8) Provide crisis consultation services as needed.
9) Document all services provided.
10) Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, as appropriate within the scope of the program.
11) Assist with referrals to community-based services as needed.
12) Provide resource information to LTC staff relevant to the population.
13) Consult/ collaborate with other health care providers as appropriate.
14) Maintain appropriate certifications and required training necessary for licensure.
15) Maintain equipment in operating condition.
16) Submit Events Tickets on the 5th of each month for billing purposes.
17) Record expenditures on appropriate forms and submit on the 5th of each month.
18) Perform other duties as assigned.
Team Leader Responsibilities (box to be checked if applicable):
1) Supervise the individual team members, including evaluations, annual supervision plans, completing supervision notes as appropriate and addressing any personnel issues with the assistance of the GAST Director.
2) Coordinate weekly team meetings.
3) Coordinate monthly team calendar and submit to the GAST Director by the last business day of the month.
4) Combine the teams Quarterly Division Report and submit to the GAST Director, for review on the 15th of each month following the quarter, who will submit the report to the Division of Mental Health and the LME by the specified contract deadlines.
5) Coordinate and monitor annual Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects and submit results to the GAST Director for review on the 15th of each month following the quarter, when applicable.
6) Assist the GAST Director with recruiting and hiring for the team.
Licensed registered nurse experienced with one year of gero-psychiatric population.Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel Registry or Health Care Program.
Minimum Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: