I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence that s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a RN Field Case Manager you will provide admission, case management, and follow-up skilled nursing visits for patients under Clinical Manager's supervision in compliance with the state Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission Vision Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Admits patients to the services, completing appropriate clinical documentation under the Clinical Manager's direction. Assesses individual status and care/instruction needed by the patient (>50% direct patient care).
- Administers on-going care and case management for each patient, provides necessary follow-up as directed by the Clinical Manager.
- Acts as a liaison and maintains contact with patients, therapist(s), Clinical Manager(s), other members of the healthcare team and the community in assuring effective care coordination and appropriate resource referrals.
- Confers with physician in developing the initial plan of treatment based on physician's orders and initial patient assessment. Provides hands-on care, management and evaluation of the care plan and teaching of the patient in accordance with physician orders, under Clinical Manager's supervision. Revises plan in consultation with physician based on ongoing assessments and as required by policy/regulation.
- Coordinates appropriate care, encompassing various healthcare personnel (such as Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Home Health Aides and external providers).
- Coordinates/oversees/supervises the work of Home Health Aides, Certified Home Health Aides and Personal Care Workers and provides written personal care instructions/care plan that reflect current plan of care. Monitors the appropriate completion of documentation by home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
- Analyzes any changes in a patient's condition, identifying symptoms and severity while alerting the physician and Clinical Manager promptly. Reports patient care/condition/progress to patient's physician and Clinical Manager on a continuous basis.
- Prepares, maintains and submits documentation as required by the Company and/or facility. Advises patients of other services available, and makes referrals to other community resources as needed.
- Participates in teaching/training of paraprofessional healthcare staff as assigned and acts as resource to other healthcare personnel.
- Prepares appropriate medical documentation on all patients, including any case conferences, patient contacts, medication order changes, re-certifications, progress updates, and care plan changes. Prepares visit/shift reports, updates/summarizes patient records, and confers with other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient care.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned. Communicates information that enables collection and root cause analysis of data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when recipient s right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending, participating in/conducting staff development/ continuing education programs.
- Adheres to and participates in Company s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Diploma, Associate s or Baccalaureate degree in Nursing with six months experience in area of specialty/desired practice.
- Current unrestricted licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) to which assigned and current CPR certification required.
- Successful completion of any/all Company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations.
- Good organizational and communication skills and the ability to function with minimal supervision also required.
Keywords: ACLS, ANA, Acute care, Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, BLS, BSN, cardio nurse, cardio RN, cardio registered nurse, cardiac nurse, cardiac RN, cardiac registered nurse, case management, case manager, critical care, ER~MON~
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME
Associated topics: ambulatory, coronary, domiciliary, intensive care, nurse rn, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical, tcu, unit