Telephysiciatry for Academic Setting in North Carolina
The Department of Psychiatric Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University is accepting application through Enterprise Medical Recruiting for BE/BC Adult Psychiatrists to srevce as full time faculty psychiatrist position to provide clinical services, predominatly via telepsychiatry, to patients presenting in the emergency departments of hosoitals affliated with the North Carolina Statewide Telepsychiatry Prorgram (SC-STeP) a major program under the Cehnter of Telepsychiatry and e-Behavioral Health (CTeBH). Candidate will provide services located in Greenville, NC at the outpatient clinic for BSOM. New graduates and visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
NC-STeP continues to grow and will be expanding to 80 plus hospitals across the state of North Carolina within the next 12 months. The current network includes 71 hospitals. The psychiatrist will spend most of his/her time providing direct clinical service. The position will report to the Medical Director of the Center.Opportunitiy:
- Will assist with monitoring and imporving NC-STeP outomes; integrating with community based providers; and implementing evidenced based practices.
- This positions emphasizes a leadership role and an active engagement in clinical, educational, and scholarly activities.
- Experience in providing telepsychiatry services and in emergency psychiatry a plus.
- Newly expanded 22K square feet outpatient facility
- Requirements include MD or equivalent training from an appropriately accredited institution. Completion of accredited residency training, and Qualified for Board Certification in Psychiatry. Must be elible for medical licensure in the State of North Carolina.
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Days & Reimbursement
- Malpractice (with tail)
- State Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Competative salary
- Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 95,000) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
- Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
- ECU?s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
- Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owed stores
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
- Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
Associated topics: behavioral science, cell, dietary, disorder, epidemiology, human disease, physician, professor health, respiratory, surgery