The Role Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Sales, West, your key objectives will include:
- Coaching and motivating Mobile Technicians in the field to ensure they perform at a high level. Quick question for you - click here
- Promoting excellent customer service, including interacting directly with customers.
- Solving any problems that arise and following up on any issues.
- Performing quality and safety audits.
You can expect to get hands-on in the role, such as showing a Technician a better way to do something, or getting under a truck as part of an inspection. Here is a sampling of your specific responsibilities:
- Ensuring the Technicians practice safe work habits, and that work environments are safe.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining Technicians.
- Promoting a positive work environment while also holding the Technicians accountable.
- Assisting the Technicians as needed to develop relationships with clients and vendors.
- Acting as the champion for best practices in using TRAIT.
- Managing your region to assigned profitability goals.
- Monitoring interactions between customers and Technicians, ensuring delivery of promised services and maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Providing regular communication and reporting to the RVP, Fleet Management and others.
- Coordinating company inventory and assets to optimize utilization.
- And more.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.Video: TRAIT is an innovative application that delivers the information customers need, when they need it. TRAIT, which stands for Technician Reporting and Information Tool, was created to help better connect our customers with our Technicians -- and it will be a key tool for you.Requirements
The Requirements To be a good fit for the Regional Service Manager opportunity, you will have:
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of diesel trucking industry; experience as a technician is preferred and ASE certifications are a huge plus.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- The ability to:
- Coordinate multiple activities and resources to deliver to established goals.
- Coach and motivate Technicians; supervisory experience is a plus.
- Learn financial statements and basic accounting principles.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook.
- Experience with safety and/or quality inspections would be helpful.
- A two-year degree is preferred. Quick question for you - click here
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- Self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with different internal and external groups, from Technicians to business owners.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- The integrity to follow through with what the customer has been promised.
You will manage multiple Mobile Technicians in Tennessee, in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Memphis, as well as in Decatur, Alabama. Our RSMs typically handle administrative responsibilities on Monday and Friday, and spend Tuesday through Thursday in the field with Technicians at customer sites. You will spend time in each location about once a week.Pictured: The Mobile Technicians you will manage are part of a nationwide team of more than 500. Equipped with state-of-the-art service trucks, the Technicians deliver superior on-site maintenance to national and regional customers.
Associated topics: director, director food and beverage, front end, general manager, gerente de cocina, grocery store manager, night manager, produce manager, store manager, supervisor