Join a team that has a LOW rate of turnover!
Nature and scope
The Housekeeper maintains assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor. The highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is to be maintained at all times.
Minimum eligibility requirements
* One year related experience in a similar environment with on-the-job training preferred.
* Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
* Ability to remain calm under stressful situations.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others and local, state and federal laws.
* Must practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must complete DHSR Infectious Disease Training.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Follow cleaning schedule and instructions as directed by supervisor, including resident rooms and public areas.
* Sweep and vacuum all assigned areas.
* Clean and/or polish all room furnishings, fixtures, ledges, heating/air conditioning units in resident rooms and all public areas.
* Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting and deodorizing.
* Clean all community showers, toilets, sinks, countertops, and baseboards, stock with paper towels, toilet paper, soap and shampoo.
* Clean and check model rooms and work in concert with the Facilities Manager to insure that all incoming residents' rooms are cleaned and ready for move-in.
* Clean all hallways, stairways and elevators as necessary.
* Clean carpets using extractor as scheduled or needed.
* Clean employee break area when necessary.
* Empty trash in offices and public areas.
* Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns and/or problems to the Facilities Manager or Executive Director.
* Report to supervisor any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the Community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility equipment.
* Keep janitor closets and housekeeping supply rooms clean and orderly.
* Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by supervisor.